1. One should dedicate some time daily for the tilaawat of the Qur’aan Majeed. وعن أبي ذر رضي الله عنه قال قلت يا رسول الله أوصني قال عليك بتقوى الله فإنه رأس الأمر كله قلت يا رسول الله زدني قال عليك بتلاوة القرآن فإنه نور لك في الأرض وذخر لك …
1. At the time of reciting the Qur’aan Majeed, it is mustahab for one to be in a state of wudhu, wearing clean clothes and facing the Qiblah. However, if one does not face the Qiblah or is not in the state of wudhu while reciting the Qur’aan Majeed, it …
1. It is not permissible to touch the Qur’aan Majeed without wudhu. Even if one is reciting from memory, it is better for one to be in the state of wudhu. عن عبد الله بن عمر أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: لا يمس القرآن إلا طاهر. رواه …
1. One should hold the Qur’aan Majeed with utmost respect and always keep it on a high place with respect. One should not place the Qur’aan Majeed on the floor or a place where it will not be respected. 2. One should not place a kitaab or any item on …
1. One should ensure that one’s mouth is clean before reciting the Qur’aan Majeed. عن علي بن أبي طالب رضي الله عنه قال إن أفواهكم طرق للقرآن فطيبوها بالسواك (سنن ابن ماجة رقم 291) It is reported that Hazrat ‘Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) said, “Indeed your mouths are pathways for the …
1. One should not sell haraam products e.g. pork, carrion, wine, etc. 2. One should exercise moderation in earning a livelihood. So much of time should not be given to the business that one begins to neglect the rights that he owes to Allah Ta’ala and the rights he owes …
1. If the seller, despite knowing about the defect in the goods, conceals it from the purchaser, he will be sinful and will receive the wrath of Allah Ta‘ala and the curse of the angels. عن عقبة بن عامر قال: سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم، يقول: المسلم أخو …
1. If your seniors reprimand you for some mistake which you did not make, then remain silent and accept their correction. Later on, when the time is right, you may respectfully explain yourself. 2. When walking with your seniors, then let them walk ahead of you.
1. When you are in the company of your senior, do not embark on any activity without his consent. 2. Do not ask your senior to do any work for you. Rather, you should remain in his service.
1. When addressing your elder speak to him with respect. Do not be rude and disrespectful in your approach. 2. Do not raise your voice above the voice of your elder, nor argue with him.