1. One should not reply to the salaam of anyone while relieving himself. Similarly, one should not make salaam to anyone while relieving himself. 2. One should make salaam to his elders with humility in a low voice.
1. If one enters a gathering wherein a talk or discussion of Deen is taking place, one should not make salaam as this disturbs the speaker as well as the gathering. 2. It is not permissible (makrooh-e-tahreemi) to bow and make salaam.
1. It is better for one not to greet someone who is engrossed in a conversation or busy in some work. 2. It is makrooh to greet a person involved in any Deeni activity or while he is eating etc.
1. If one enters a gathering wherein a talk or discussion of Deen is taking place, one should not make salaam as this disturbs the speaker as well as the gathering.
1. It is not correct to write the salaam in an abbreviated form (e.g. slmz, salaams etc.). This is not in keeping with the respect of the salaam. If the salaam was written in an abbreviated form (e.g. slmz, salaams etc.), it is not waajib to reply to such a …
1. One should not make duaa for anything that is impermissible. عن أبي سعيد الخدري أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : ما من مسلم يدعو بدعوة ليس فيها إثم ولا قطيعة رحم إلا أعطاه الله بها إحدى ثلاث : إما أن يعجل له دعوته وإما أن يدخرها له …
1. When one greets his Muslim brother with salaam, he benefits him in three ways: 1) He makes duaa for him that Allah Ta’ala keep him in peace. Salaam is a greeting of peace. 2) He reminds him that Allah Ta’ala is with him and watching him at all times. …
1. When someone conveys the salaam of a person to you, then you should reply by saying “Alaika Wa Alaihis Salaam”. However, if one replies by merely saying “Wa alaikumus Salaam”, it will suffice. عن غالب قال إنا لجلوس بباب الحسن إذ جاء رجل فقال حدثنى أبى عن جدى قال …
1. The person who makes salaam first obtains greater reward. عن أبى أمامة قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إن أولى الناس بالله من بدأهم بالسلام (ابو داود رقم 5199) Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The one who greets the people …
1. When leaving the home, one should leave the home with salaam. عن قتادة قال : قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: إذا دخلتم بيتًا فسلموا على أهلِهِ فإذا خرجتم فأودعوا أهله بسلام (شعب الايمان للبيهقي رقم 8459) Hadhrat Qataadah (Rahimahullah) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When you …