1.One should not hasten in removing his hand after making musaafaha. Rather, one should allow the next person to remove his hand first. عن أنس بن مالك قال : كان النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم إذا استقبله الرجل فصافحه لا ينزع يده من يده حتى يكون الرجل الذي ينزع …
1.When making musaafaha one should merely grasp the next person’s hands. There is no need to shake the hands. 2.When making musaafaha do not grip the next person’s hands so tight causing him pain or difficulty.
1. One should make musaafaha with both hands. عن ابن مسعود قال علمني رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وكفي بين كفيه التشهد كما يعلمني السورة من القرآن (بخاري رقم 6265) Hazrat Abdullah bin Mas’ood (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports: “Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) taught me the tashahhud in the manner he …
1.When two Muslims meet, then after salaam they should make musaafaha (shake hands). Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has said that the completion of greeting one’s Muslim brother at the time of meeting him is that he makes musaafaha with him after salaam. عن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه عن النبي …
1.One should not make salaam when greeting a non Muslim. If a non Muslim greets one with salaam, then one should reply by merely saying “Wa Alaik” (and upon you), and if many non Muslims greet one with salaam, one should reply by saying “Wa Alaikum” (and upon you all). …
1. It is an adab (Islamic etiquette) that the one who is walking should greet the one who is sitting first. The one who is riding a conveyance should greet the one who is walking first. Similarly, the young should greet the elders first, and a small jamaat (those that …
1.Upon meeting, one should commence the conversation with salaam. عن جابر قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: السلام قبل الكلام. (ترمذي رقم 2699) Hazrat Jaabir (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Salaam should be made before the conversation.”
1. It is sunnah for one to greet children with salaam. When Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would see children, he made salaam to them وعن أنس قال : إن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم مر على غلمان فسلم عليهم (مسلم رقم 2168) Hazrat Anas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that on …
1. If one promises to convey the salaam of a person to someone else, it becomes waajib on him to fulfil the promise and convey the salaam. 2. One should not make salaam to non mahrams. If a non mahram woman makes salaam to a man, then if she is …
1. One should not reply to the salaam of anyone while relieving himself. Similarly, one should not make salaam to anyone while relieving himself. 2. One should make salaam to his elders with humility in a low voice.