1. One should not address his seniors from a distance by shouting out to them if he needs to enquire regarding anything. Rather, he should respectfully go up to them and then address them. 2. Do not wait for your seniors to ask you to fulfil some service which is …
1. One should not regard himself to be equal or greater than his seniors. 2. One should not hope or desire that his elders call him by respectable titles etc.
1. When any elder comes to greet you and make musaafaha with you while you are seated, then out of respect you should stand up to greet them. Do not greet them and make musaafaha with them while you are seated.
1. Do not call your elders by nicknames. 2. When speaking about your parents, ustaads, elders etc., refer to them in a respectful manner.
1. When addressing your father, you should not call him by his name, rather you should use a title of love and respect such as Abba etc. عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أنه أبصر رجلين، فقال لأحدهما: ما هذا منك؟ فقال: أبي، فقال: لا تسمه باسمه، ولا تمش أمامه، …
1. Always show respect to your elders from within your heart and outwardly regardless of whether they are your parents, teachers, family members etc. 2. Address your elders with respectable names or titles e.g. if the person is an aalim then call him with the title “Moulana”. If he is …