1. When someone conveys the salaam of a person to you, then you should reply by saying “Alaika Wa Alaihis Salaam”. However, if one replies by merely saying “Wa alaikumus Salaam”, it will suffice. عن غالب قال إنا لجلوس بباب الحسن إذ جاء رجل فقال حدثنى أبى عن جدى قال …
1. When one greets his Muslim brother with salaam, he benefits him in three ways: 1) He makes duaa for him that Allah Ta’ala keep him in peace. Salaam is a greeting of peace. 2) He reminds him that Allah Ta’ala is with him and watching him at all times. …
1. It is not correct to write the salaam in an abbreviated form (e.g. slmz, salaams etc.). This is not in keeping with the respect of the salaam. If the salaam was written in an abbreviated form (e.g. slmz, salaams etc.), it is not waajib to reply to such a …
1. If one enters a gathering wherein a talk or discussion of Deen is taking place, one should not make salaam as this disturbs the speaker as well as the gathering.
1. It is better for one not to greet someone who is engrossed in a conversation or busy in some work. 2. It is makrooh to greet a person involved in any Deeni activity or while he is eating etc.
1. If one enters a gathering wherein a talk or discussion of Deen is taking place, one should not make salaam as this disturbs the speaker as well as the gathering. 2. It is not permissible (makrooh-e-tahreemi) to bow and make salaam.
1. One should not reply to the salaam of anyone while relieving himself. Similarly, one should not make salaam to anyone while relieving himself. 2. One should make salaam to his elders with humility in a low voice.
1. If one promises to convey the salaam of a person to someone else, it becomes waajib on him to fulfil the promise and convey the salaam. 2. One should not make salaam to non mahrams. If a non mahram woman makes salaam to a man, then if she is …
1. It is sunnah for one to greet children with salaam. When Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would see children, he made salaam to them وعن أنس قال : إن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم مر على غلمان فسلم عليهم (مسلم رقم 2168) Hazrat Anas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that on …
1.Upon meeting, one should commence the conversation with salaam. عن جابر قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: السلام قبل الكلام. (ترمذي رقم 2699) Hazrat Jaabir (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Salaam should be made before the conversation.”